This project is read-only.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

I installed the module according to your instruction video and everything looks fine.

If you dont specify a Category, and the "show categories" checkbox is on,  the component fails with a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM

If i set the show categories checkbox to off, the title and description shows, but the following error is shown under the description

Error: Nyheter is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Modules.dnnsimplearticle.Controls.ArticleList.RptArticleListOnItemDataBound(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at DotNetNuke.Modules.dnnsimplearticle.Controls.ArticleList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

If i click the title i get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I'll see if I can recreate this issue, so far I've been unable to do so

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Hi,

The same errors happened to my website, after that I built a new DNN website and installed this module, but the errors were no change.

Thank you!

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Can you guys confirm which version of DotNetNuke you're using?

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:45 AM

I'm using the lastest stable version, 05.06.02.

May 18, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 2:04 PM

help me. I have error

Sáng nay Sở Y tế TP HCM bắt đầu treo logo tại các điểm bán tân dược bình ổn giá tại quận 7 và huyện Cần Giờ. Khoảng 600 nhà thuốc ở quận huyện khác sẽ lần lượt triển khai chương trình này.
Error Error: Tin tức is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Modules.dnnsimplearticle.Controls.ArticleList.RptArticleListOnItemDataBound(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() at DotNetNuke.Modules.dnnsimplearticle.Controls.ArticleList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

May 18, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Do you guys have any "categories" defined on the Admin Taxonomy page?

May 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I defined on Taxonomy page !

Edit Vocabularyde

Edit Vocabulary

Terms

•  Tin tức
    • Tin tức nội bộ
    • Tin tức thời sự

<input id="dnn_ctr378_EditVocabulary_addTermButton" class="art-button" name="dnn$ctr378$EditVocabulary$addTermButton" type="submit" value="Add New" />    

Name: Category
Description: <textarea id="dnn_ctr378_EditVocabulary_editVocabularyControl_descriptionTextBox_text" class="riTextBox riEnabled NormalTextBox" cols="20" rows="2" name="dnn_ctr378_EditVocabulary_editVocabularyControl_descriptionTextBox_text"></textarea><textarea id="dnn_ctr378_EditVocabulary_editVocabularyControl_descriptionTextBox" class="rdfd_" cols="20" rows="2" name="dnn$ctr378$EditVocabulary$editVocabularyControl$descriptionTextBox"></textarea>
Type: Hierarchy
Scope: Portal

<input id="dnn_ctr378_EditVocabulary_saveVocabulary" class="art-button" name="dnn$ctr378$EditVocabulary$saveVocabulary" type="submit" value="Update" />     Delete     Cancel

May 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I was finally able to recreate this issue, now to come up with a fix

May 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Alright, I believe this occurs if you don't have the "Search Results" module on the Search Results page.

I'm working on a fix for this, but for now, you should be able to fix it by placing the Search Results module on the Search Results page.

May 20, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Thank you very much. I will fix this bug follow your guide 

May 20, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Just released v00.00.07 which should fix this issue as well. Though I would still suggest people put the Search Results module on your Search Results page (it was a bug in the DNN template that caused it to not be there)